I finally did it. My review of the amazing Han Solo Blaster ‘Elite Edition’ by Master Replicas (SW-160). I’ve had this piece for a couple of years but haven’t made any video about until now.
The piece came out in 2006, and was made in an edition size of 1250 pieces. Master Replicas also released another Han Solo Blaster back in 2002, which was based on a different base replica model. I’ll just go ahead and list some of the main differences between the two versions below:
- The 2002 Han Solo Blaster (a.k.a. Limited Edition) is based on a Denix Mauser replica, which is less accurate. The 2006 Han Solo Blaster (a.k.a. Elite Edition) is based on the MGC Mauser replica (Model Gun Corporation), which is more accurate.
- The Elite Edition has real wood grips, whereas the Limited Edition has plastic grips that imitate the look of real wood.
- The 2006 blaster has a working scope.
- Both the 2002 and 2006 blaster has working hammer and trigger action.
- There are various small improvements to the proportions, size, dimensions to details on the 2006 version compared to the 2002. This includes noticable pieces such as the flash suppressor and the heat-sink (grill).
- The 2006 display stand features a new design.
- The 2002 blaster is weathered, whereas the 2006 version is pristine and in “as issued”-condition.
An expert would most likely be able to provide you with an incredibly longer list of differences, but the points above are just off the top of my head.
Anyways, I hope you will enjoy my review. I put a great deal of time into making it. I also made a lot of hi-res photos for this video, and if you are interested in just checking those out, you can skip to the very end of the video, where I added a slideshow (there’s a timestamp for that in the video’s description).